It's Time to A.P.P.L.Y........



Hi my dudes and dudettes!!!  In my last post, I explained how to pick the right foundation for your skin tone.  But that is only half of the battle.  You have understand how to apply and BLEND FOR THE GODS!!! Applying your foundation correctly is what sets your look.  Highlighting, eye shadows, lipsticks, etc. are just the icing on the cake! Soooooooooo.... here are a few pointers for you folks that need a little extra direction.  Its pretty simple, first you want to apply your face primer.  Face primer allows the make up to stay in place and last longer (I use E.L.F. mineral face primer). Next you want to add your concealer.  The concealer helps to hide or cover any blemishes you make want to "con-ceal." LOL!!
 (I use L.A. Girl Pro Conceal concealer in the color dark cocoa;here I am applying all products on only half of my face so you can see and compare)

Once you applied the concealer you can use your finger (which is what I use) or a brush or sponge to blend.  Next is the main event, your bread and butter, your LIFE served on a platter... FoUnDaTiOn!!!!!!! With your foundation, you must find out which technique works the best for you.  You can use a foundation brush or some type of sponge, which ever you choose is pretty much based on your what you like!!!!
 
( I used Maybelline "Fit Me" foundation in the color 360. It is a liquid so I would suggest you use a damp sponge to apply, but a brush would work just as well!)
 
 
If you want to stop here, do not pass Go and do not collect $200!!! But most of the time, if you want a more matte (natural) look, you will need to do just a little more primping child! you want to find a good press powder to apply over your foundation.  The reason for this, is to minimize the shine that comes from your foundation.  No one wants to shine unless its on your left ring finger, LOL, so make sure you find a great powder!
 
 

( I used Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder.  I use the round powder sponge that came with the product.  you don't need a lot, just enough to lightly cover your foundation based face.)

WE'VE MADE IT TO THE PROMISE LAND!!!  All you would need is a little translucent powder to set your face (I like black opal in dark 04).  You could also add a few highlights and some contouring to give your face a little extra fierceness!!!  This is as simple as it get ! Let me know what products and technique you like to use!!!!Don't forget to Serve some FACE!!! Always remember to Live and be Great!!!
 

 

Comments